With winter on the way it’s time to unpack those slow cookers! Not only do they make delicious meals, they are super easy and cook dinner for you while you are busy doing other things!
• 1.5kg beef casserole steak (such as chuck steak or gravy beef), cut into 4cm pieces
• 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
• 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm-thick slices
• 2 zucchini, sliced
• 4 whole star anise
• 4cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
• 2 stems lemon grass, pale section only, halved
• 500ml (2 cups) beef stock
• 125ml (1/2 cup) brandy
• 90g (1/3 cup) tomato paste
• 300g green beans, topped
• Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
• Steamed brown rice to serve
1. Season beef with salt and pepper.
2. Add vegetables to slow cooked so they are on the bottom.
3. Add beef, stock, brandy, spices and tomato paste to dish.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours (depending on your slow cooker)
5. Top the beef mixture with coriander.
6. Serve with steamed brown rice