Christmas is such a busy time of year that often our exercise program goes right out the window! Here is a 15 minute workout you can fit in to your schedule at home.
Depending on how fast you complete the exercises repeat the whole program 1-2 times.
- CHAIR SQUATS – Stand with the outside border of your feet straight (heels and little toes in line). Keep your big toes down and lift your arches up. Keep your knees turned out and sit back into the chair bending out the hips so that you stick your bottom out and keep your back straight. Repeat 20 times.
- LUNGES – Standing with feet at hip distance apart, put your left foot out in front of you (keeping them hip distance apart). Bend back knee until it is just above the ground and return to starting position. Repeat 12 times on each leg. Harder option – make them jump lunges to get your heart rate up.
- PLANK – Keep your body straight, shoulders down, ribs in and neck long. Hold for 60 seconds. Harder option – jump your legs in and out.
- BICEP CURLS with dumbbells (can use cans of food). Stand with your back against the wall and arms by your sides. Draw Lats down, lower tummy in. Bring arms up to 90? angle and return to starting position. Repeat 12 times.
- TRICEP EXTENSION – Lie on your back with your arms straight up holding dumbbells (or cans). Bend arms back over head and return to starting position. Repeat 12 times.
- CHEST PRESS – Lie on the ground with your straight up in the arm (holding dumbbells/cans). Bend arms out to the side until your elbows are at chest height. Return to starting position. Repeat 12 times.
- TOE REACHES- Adopt the L-shape against the wall, hands on stomach, chin slightly tucked.
Lift head, shoulders and upper back, reaching right hand towards left foot. Lower, and then reach for right foot with left hand. Repeat 10 reaches per leg
- WALL SIT – Stand with back against wall, arms by sides. Lower yourself until thighs are parallel to floor, like you are sitting on an imaginary chair. Try to hold your position for 60 seconds. Repetitions: Just do one
Your whole body has now been worked and you should be feeling great!