Pregnancy is a time of significant change in a woman’s body. Over the 9-month gestational duration, the body will move through various physical and emotional changes in preparation for the coming birth.
Supporting a healthy pregnancy includes correct nutrition, mild to moderate exercise, and stress management.
You can care for your body during pregnancy by practicing Pilates before and after delivery. Pilates is a form of no impact exercise that can strengthen your body to ease the delivery and speed your recovery. Pilates exercises can also be adjusted during the course of your pregnancy to meet the changing needs of an expecting mother.
What you can expect:
· Improve your overall strength, flexibility, tone and posture
· Improve your pelvic floor and deep abdominal strength. This can decrease the risk of future urinary incontinence
· Improved sleep patterns and reduced stress/anxiety
· Exercises tailored to the changes in your body – Your program will be modified to suit the stage you are at. If you have any discomfort or difficulty during class, let your physio know so they can offer you an alternative exercise.
· Professional staff (Pilates Instructors and Physiotherapists) with extensive experience of working with pre & post natal body changes ensuring safety and results
· Small class sizes with maximum of 5
Other pre and post natal programs offered at chevron island physio include mum and bubs pilates, pre and post natal Yoga, Pregnancy massage and women’s health physiotherapy.
To find out more or to get started call us on 5504 7000
Kelsey Armstrong, RMT