Christmas is just around the corner. These Turkey meatballs make a great entree that can be prepare ahead of time! The meatballs can also be frozen.
Turkey Meatballs with Mango Dipping Sauce
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 500g turkey mince
• ¼ onion, diced
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 egg, whisked
• ¼ cup almond meal
• 1 tsp. cumin
• ½ tsp. chili powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 mango, peeled and cut away from seed inside
• 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
• 2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
• 1 tbsp. raw honey or rice malt syrup
• dash of chili powder
• salt, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. In a medium bowl add ground turkey, onions, egg, almond meal, and seasonings.
3. Use your hands to mix together.
4. Roll into small balls and place on a baking paper lined oven tray.
5. Bake for around 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the meatballs.
1. While your meatballs are baking, time to make your sauce.
2. Add all dipping sauce ingredients to a food processor and puree.
3. Taste and add more mustard or salt according to taste.
Serve Meatballs with Dipping sauce on the side and toothpicks as a delicious starter.