The benefits of yoga are both instant and long lasting. Yoga can change your physical and mental capacity quickly, while preparing the mind and body for long-term health.
Yoga is for everyone
Our Yoga classes are small and intimate (7 max per class) allowing us to provide different levels and modifications. We also offer beginners and general yoga to suit everyone’s requirements. Whether you are after a bit of stretching and relaxation or a more powerful, strength workout, Yoga is for you!
Yoga encourages overall health and wellness
The practice of yoga allows students to be still in a world consumed with chaos. Yoga’s deep breathing and meditation practices help foster an inner shift from to-do lists, kids and spouse’s needs, financial concerns and relational struggles to something a little bit bigger than the issues you face. Yoga helps relieve stress and unclutter the mind, and helps you get more focused.
Strength training and flexibility
Yoga’s focus on strength training and flexibility is an incredible benefit to your body. The postures are meant to strengthen your body from the inside-out, so you don’t just look good, you feel good too. Each of the yoga poses is built to reinforce the muscles around the spine, the very center of your body, which is the core from which everything else operates. When the core is working properly, posture is improved, thus alleviating back, shoulder and neck pain.
The digestive system gets back on track when the stretching in yoga is coupled with a healthy, organic diet, which can relieve constipation, irritable bowl syndrome (IBS) and acid reflux. Another one of the benefits of yoga is that stretching and holding of postures also causes muscles to lengthen, which gives the body a longer, leaner look.
Benefits of Yoga
Here’s a list of some of the most beneficial aspects of yoga:
• It increases endurance, strength and flexibility.
• Mental endurance and physical stamina are tested through holding postures for extended breaths.
• Arm and shoulder strength is multiplied as you use your own body weight for resistance.
• Lats and other back muscles begin to support the spine better than before.
• Abdominals and obliques are refined and sharpened through building core muscles.
• Poor and average posture begins to correct itself over time.
• Hip flexors are stretched and rebuilt.
• Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves are tightened and lengthened where they need to be.
Yoga will benefit in the way that you need it most. If your body needs stretching and relaxation, this is what you will get out of yoga. If you feel your mind just needs to rest and de-stress then this is what you will get out of yoga. Give it a try and feel the benefits for yourself – it really is an amazing activity to be involved in.
Check out our timetable or book online here.